01 August 2017

Commemoration of the Holy Machabees

Gospel 
Luke 12: 1-8


[1] And when great multitudes stood about him, so that they trod one upon another, he began to say to his disciples: Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
[2] For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed: nor hidden, that shall not be known.
[3] For whatsoever things you have spoken in darkness, shall be published in the light: and that which you have spoken in the ear in the chambers, shall be preached on the housetops.
[4] And I say to you, my friends: Be not afraid of them who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
[5] But I will shew you whom you shall fear: fear ye him, who after he hath killed, hath power to cast into hell. Yea, I say to you, fear him.



[6] Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
[7] Yea, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: you are of more value than many sparrows.
[8] And I say to you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God.

1 comment:

JBQ said...

re: number (3): My mother once told me to not trust someone who does not brush their teeth.